I had this Power Grain Bowl for the first time at Zoe’s Kitchen and fell in love. But if you haven’t realized by now, I’m queen of, “lemme see if I can do this myself and save some cash.” Here’s the description from the menu:
Lentils, quinoa, farro and rice with house-made tzatziki, Moroccan harissa, Mediterranean relish, cucumbers and fresh dill.
But for my recipe, I used:
- Italian farro with a little onion and garlic for taste mixed with a Whole Foods blend of 7 grains and lentils
- Homemade tzatziki: plain Greek yogurt, 3 cucumber slices, fresh dill, basil, salt & pepper
- Homemade Mediterranean relish: cucumber, red onion, dill, Greek seasoning blend, lemon juice
- Grilled chicken seasoned with Greek blends
The rice blend, whether you use this blend or your own mixture, is incredibly healthy and filling.
- Benefits of lentils: lowers cholesterol, source of protein/fiber/iron, supports heart, muscle, and digestive health
- Benefits of quinoa: contains protein/fiber/lysine/magnesium/B2/amino acids, gluten free, and controls blood sugar
- Benefits of farro: high in B vitamins and antioxidants